Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Your Christmas Traditions

I totally copied this from an email but thought it did give me something to think about. My answers are in Green. The poster (who shall remain nameless) wasn't the originator of the email, and her stuff is in pink. Maybe you would like to have someone you love take this so you know what's important to them at Christmas.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? paper both

2. Real tree or Artificial? artificial, with lights already in it. I hate hanging lights. Fake with my own lights!

3. When do you put up the tree? about 2 weeks before I guess Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? after the Epiphany when dh gets tired of it

5. Do you like eggnog? yes,especially if it's spiked Yech

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I don't know, probably Barbies Barbies definitely saved my childhood

7. Hardest person to buy for? my father I got it all down now! Prob my mom

8. Easiest person to buy for? my kids, because they want everything Little girls

9. Do you have a nativity scene? UH, I think so, a little one Yes but it’s tiny. I would like a big one with lots of pieces and a camel--not big in size but in movable pieces.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I don't do cards b/c I'm cheap and not everyone has a computer. (i.e. mom & dad. they don't even have a VCR.) Mail and Christmas Letter, would love to do a Christmas movie

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I'm drawing a blank here. Microscope. Only nonfun toy in the Sears catalog. But I ended up having some fun with it. It was my own fault , I was busily turning down pages of stuff I did want but before I had a chance to look the folks wanted to know what I wanted so I looked to find the most expensive thing in the catalag as a joke. They bought it for me instead of the Barbie Townhouse . Humor is a difficult concept.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Does the Wizard of Oz count? Its a Wonderful Life/Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December, I'm always late. I never stop. I start with the stuff I forgot to give last year LOL

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? NO No but I have given away presents to someone who could appreciate them

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? ??? Homemade candy

16. Lights on the tree? Yep, and already on the tree. They're white, but I do own red ones that I love. And the house, yard, etc.

17. Favorite Christmas song? I don't know, I'm sort of a scrooge. Angels we have heard on high/Far far away on Judea’s plains

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We travel a few miles but I would love love love one year to spend Christmas on the beach. HOME. Very definitely.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Uh let's see. Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen.............is that right. Close, you forgot Rudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have a fiber optic angel.How hi tech. Star now

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both One Eve, rest morning. Unless Dad loses patience then everything a few days early!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? THE FINANCIAL STRAIN and selfish people, and the fact that most people don't even care about the meaning of Christmas but think it's all about presents. Credit card bills and wondering if the presents are "even"

23. Favorite ornament theme Or color? RED I like the homemade stuff

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? seafood gumbo turkey

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I want to spend a nice chaotic free Christmas in my new house waiting for my new baby. I want to read The Night Before Christmas to my girls on Christmas Eve and I want to spend Christmas morning relaxing with my cup of coffee watching the girls play with their things while Christmas music plays in the background and the smell of apple pie baking in the oven fills the air. No crying, no fighting, no screaming, no whining for more, just a day filled with warmth and comfort and gratitude...............(((sigh)))............... A girl can dream can't she?

Hmmmm House finished, cute tea kettle would be nice, new crystal glasses as my Italian ones are almost gone :( I do like the apple pie baking idea and if dh cooks the turkey on the bbq I might have oven room for it! And there will be no whining, fighting, screaming or crying. We are well behaved over here!


Have A Very Merry Christmas...God Bless You All And Be Safe

I would also add Christmas Traditions you enjoy? I like to only play Christmas music for the month of Dec. Taking pics after piano recital with the boys in their suits and red ties, and the girls in their fancy dresses

What goes in your stocking? Socks and Earrings

Caroling? Visiting Santa? Christmas Pictures? Yes if possible, Maybe, Absolutely

No comments: