Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What to do with all the Koolaid?


I get really tired of Blogger not liking the way I press the buttons I guess... here we go again!

As many of you know I recently became the owner of a great deal of Koolaid. About 400 packets. I was completely out and we’re going no soda this summer, and with mom and dad and four thirsty kids that’s a lot of koolaid.

My friend Carlie said, “That’s not enough Koolaid for the summer, it’s enough for the decade!”

So I got to thinking, and found this great website where they dyed silk scarves with koolaid. Aparently you can’t dye cotton with it, it’s a stain, and won’t set, but silk and wool work great. So I bought a bunch of white silk scarves and we went at it. We mixed a little water with the koolaid and painted or dunked. We had a lot of fun!

No comments: