Saturday, September 6, 2008

Secret Hurricane Preparedness

Ok so there are a few other little things I like to do to make sure my electricity-free or electricity-lite environment is still pleasant.
1. Buy a cooked ham. Can sit out on the table for munching for long periods of time.
2. New things for the kids to do. I get stuff on clearance - kits, supplies, raw materials - and save it for summer and if we didn't use it for summer we have a hurricane box to raid. This time I got and oversized coloring book that had 3 even larger posters inside. Then new "eraseable" crayons. Fun!
3. Eating by candlelight is fun. Make it a treat.
4. Buy munchies you don't usually spring for. I got some Pepperidge Farm assorted cookies and some snack mixes that sure brighten up a dark day!
5. Crank flashlight/radio for music.

We also had the bonus of having friends over who brought a kitten. Instant entertainment in that!!

No comments: